Sunday, November 27, 2011

An Impromptu Visit!

Hey Sponsors!

I was in Haiti last week and had the chance to take a quick trip to the school in Cite Soleil. I got to talk to a few of the kiddos and took some pictures. Below are some sweet little things that a few of the students said that I wanted to share with you all!

Q: How are you liking school this year? What is your favorite thing to learn about?
A: "School is so much fun! I love my uniform and I am learning to write very well!" - Farah Cimentes Derosier
A: "I am really good at math and get the best scores in my class! I don't even mind doing my math homework." - Frantzdy Beneche
A: "I like to learn everything, but I really like to play with my friends." - Kathiana Zephir
A: "I like to learn to play soccer." To which I asked, "you learn to play soccer at school?" He replied "Well, I at least get to practice with my friends." - Jacky Nazaire
A: "I am so glad to get to go to school. My teachers are nice and are good at teaching." - Sammuel Henri

Q: How is your life different now that you're going to school?
A: "I used to get very bored during the day. Now I have plenty to do because the teachers give us a lot of homework!" - Brayn Charles
A: "My life is now very different. I get to eat every day at school and I am no longer hungry. I also have a lot of new friends that are very fun to play with!" - Gayado Guerrier
A: "I get to have fun every day. I hope I get to go to school for many many years!" - MarieShella Dominique

Q: Are you working hard in school and getting good grades?
A: "My teacher sometimes tells me that I could do better, but I almost always work hard." - Kervenson Pierre Louis
A: "I like doing work and being able to learn more things." - Talita Bussereth

It was so great to get to see their smiling faces and to hear their sweet voices. Here are a few photos from that day!



Three sweet boys that are obviously very good friends! They were so social with me and wanted to be my special helpers that day!

Sitting down having a conversation with a few kiddos.




Smiling for photos is culturally uncommon - they were really very happy, I promise!

They were so excited to tell me about the school and so proud that they're the "big men" on campus.




Sweet little Malaika wanted to be in every picture I took!

Ancyto took a break from his lunch to flash me the sweetest darn smile you'll ever see!


I had such a fun visit with them! Look for individual updates after the first of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Great, thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear they are all loving school so much!

    ReplyDelete